Capoeira for Peace
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES :
- Promote the practice of capoeira as a means of accompanying the demobilisation and reintegration of children associated with armed forces and groups;
- Develop expertise around social capoeira and extend it to the care of vulnerable children: street children, young female victims of sexual violence, internally displaced children or refugees;
- Promote the development of a community dedicated to the promotion of social capoeira.
THE PROJECTS :
Support for the demobilisation and reintegration of demobilised children from armed forces and groups
Integrate the practice of capoeira as part of the process of demobilisation and reintegration of children from armed groups into transit and orientation centres (Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Mali...).
Disseminate the values of capoeira within the community (families, schools...).
Raise children's awareness of their rights and promote their access to primary and secondary education.
This inclusive approach has the following objectives:
- Contribute to the process of physical reconstruction and psychosocial rehabilitation;
- Favour the return to families and the community;
- Promote inclusion, citizenship, access to education, gender equality.
Social capoeira as a tool for the care of vulnerable children
Social capoeira, a concept developed by AMADE and its partners, is an integrated approach, taking into account the various dimensions of capoeira and facilitating the long rehabilitation process.
In addition to children from armed groups, this expertise is also available for the care of children in highly vulnerable situations.
AMADE thus promotes the training of educators and instructors in social capoeira in order to disseminate the practice of capoeira within structures and NGOs caring for vulnerable children: young female victims of sexual violence, street children....
See the interactive brochure