AMADE Mondiale NGO founded in Monaco
A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a non-profit association of public interest, which is neither under the authority of the State nor of international institutions. The World Association of Children's Friends (AMADE) is one of the NGOs founded in Monaco in 1963 by Princess Grace Kelly and is chaired by H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover (Caroline of Monaco).
The main criteria defining an NGO are the following:
- the non-profit nature of its action;
- financial independence;
- political independence;
- the notion of public interest.
The World Association of Children's Friends meets these criteria and is committed to the protection and development of children throughout the world.
The vision of the association is that of a world where every child, whatever his or her social, religious or cultural origins, can live with dignity, in security, in the respect of his or her fundamental rights. A world where every child has the opportunity to be able to express his or her full potential.
Our missions and programs
Missions of the NGO AMADE Monaco
Programmes of the NGO AMADE Monaco
Discover AMADE's different programmes and initiatives for the protection of children:
- Enable vulnerable girls and women to access menstrual hygiene and prevent sexual abuse;
- To provide medical and psychological care for young girls who are victims of sexual violence and to support their social reintegration;
- Promote access to secondary education for girls.
- Promote children's access to affordable, sustainable and quality energy;
- Strengthening the quality of secondary education through access to digital technology;
- Identify, develop and disseminate an appropriate digital offer in favour of education, health and protection.
- Promote the practice of Capoeira as a vehicle for supporting the demobilization and reintegration of children associated with armed forces and groups;
- To develop an expertise around Social Capoeira and extend it to the care of vulnerable children: street children, young girls who are victims of sexual violence, internally displaced or refugee children ... ;
- Promote the development of a community dedicated to the promotion of Social Capoeira.
- Ensure the protection of the rights of UFMs and provide them with legal, social and psychosocial support ;
- Promote the professional and social integration of young migrants with the capacity to settle;
- Promote migration prevention in countries of origin.
To support our NGO and child protection, you can make a donation for child protection.